Terms of Service
By downloading or using the Odeo Technologies Inc. (“ODEO”, “we”, “us” and “our”) app (“site”, “services”), these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you read them carefully before using the app. You’re not allowed to copy, or modify the app, any part of the app, or our trademarks in any way. You’re not allowed to attempt to extract the source code of the app, and you also shouldn’t try to translate the app into other languages, or make derivative versions. The app itself, and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, still belong to ODEO.
ODEO is committed to ensuring that the app is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the app or to charge for its services, at any time and for any reason. We will never charge you for the app or its services without making it very clear to you exactly what you’re paying for.
The ODEO app stores and processes personal data that you have provided to us, in order to provide our services. It’s your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the app secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or root your phone, which is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device. It could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features and it could mean that the ODEO app won’t work properly or at all.
You should be aware that there are certain things that ODEO will not take responsibility for. Certain functions of the app will require the app to have an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by your mobile network provider, but ODEO cannot take responsibility for the app not working at full functionality if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, and you don’t have any of your data allowance left.
If you’re using the app outside of an area with Wi-Fi, you should remember that your terms of the agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the app, or other third party charges. In using the app, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the app outside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the app, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the app.
Along the same lines, ODEO cannot always take responsibility for the way you use the app i.e. You need to make sure that your device stays charged – if it runs out of battery and you can’t turn it on to avail the Service, ODEO cannot accept responsibility.
With respect to ODEO’s responsibility for your use of the app, when you’re using the app, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavor to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you. ODEO accepts no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly on this functionality of the app.
At some point, we may wish to update the app. The app is currently available on iOS – the requirements for system (and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. ODEO does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the iOS version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you, We may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
You are solely responsible for the information, and other content including video content and textual content that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the service or transmit to other users, including emails, videos, photographs, voice notes, recordings or profile text, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, the “submitted content”). You understand the site and app is available to the public. Therefore any information you consider confidential should not be posted to the site or app. We do not share or post your information; provided, however, you understand and agree that by posting submitted content, we may reveal your identity and whatever information we know about you to (a) other users, (b) matches, or (c) any law enforcement agent or official in the event of legal action arising from your conduct in using the services and/or any submitted content posting by you. Your participation in on-line communications occurs in real time and is not edited, censored, or otherwise controlled by us. We cannot and do not screen content provided by you or any other user to the site, the app or through the services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to monitor content on the site and app and to remove content, which we, in our sole discretion, determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this agreement or our operating policies for users. You may send and receive electronic mail (“email”), engage in conferences and chats, download and upload files and otherwise use site and app as permitted by this agreement, our operating policies and applicable law. Our operating policies relating to online conduct, storage and deletion of email and uploaded files, conferences, and other matters are available online on the site. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change such policies at any time. Uploaded files may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination, and you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download them.
User Warranties and Representations
You warrant, represent and agree that you will not contribute any submitted content or otherwise use the services, site or app in a manner that:
- infringes the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, of any third party;
- violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- you should know is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing (sexually or otherwise), tortious, defamatory, vulgar, racist, obscene, libelous, fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading or otherwise objectionable;
- adversely affects or reflects negatively on ODEO’s and our affiliates’ goodwill, name or reputation or causes duress, distress or discomfort to ODEO or anyone else, or discourages any person, firm or enterprise from using all or any portion, feature, or function of the site or app, liking or becoming a supplier to use in connection with the site or app;
- send or result in the transmission or junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called “spamming”;
- transmit, distribute or upload programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horse, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- falsely report to an employee or agent of ODEO;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the site, the app or its features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content;
- intercept or attempt to intercept email or other private communications not intended for you;
- causes the site and/or app to be used for commercial or business purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, marketing, or offering goods or services, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with any other Site or web pages;
- requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the site, app or service;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- posts or transmits any message, data, image or program which is indecent, obscene or pornographic;
- uses the site or app to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others; and/or
- deletes any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in a file that you upload to the site or app.
While it is not our intent to discourage you from reporting problems about the services, nonetheless, we reserve the right to take such actions as it deems appropriate and/or to remove any content from the site and app at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such content or if we are concerned that you may have breached any term of this agreement), or for no reason at all.
Changes to This Terms and Conditions
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org